Pages

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 20, 2008

    Grandpa Art update (8/20/08)

    Well, its official. My grandpa has been released from the hospital and is now in a nursing facility. (Better than being in the hospital, but we all can't wait till he's better enough to go home).
     
    My aunt's update is copied below. (I took out the address, telephone number, & room number of the facility my grandpa is staying at, since I didn't want to publish that for the world when I post this on my blog.)
    =)

    -=-Becky



    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:40 PM
    Subject: Art update 9



    Hi everyone,
     
    Praise the Lord my Dad was released from the hospital yesterday and he is now at Carmel Mountain Rehab.  We wanted Dad to go to Casa De Las Campanas or Remington Club Health Center, but that will never happen. Yesterday was quite a stressful day (horrific) for me and my Mom especially dealing with the case worker and doctors who never return a phone call - this includes his primary care doctor, Dr. Chang of Sharp Rees Stealy Medical.  The case worker is the person (gestapo) who tells you which skilled nursing facility you will be placed in.  I could write a book about the experience, but I will spare you. Though, after my Uncle Clair (Dad's brother) and Aunt Jean had visited my Dad they took me and my Mom out to dinner to celebrate my birthday.  That was a very special treat for us.  My Dad seems to be doing better, his jaundice is almost gone and his kidneys are functioning a little better.  We are praying that he will get his strength back so that he can come home soon.  I also pray that Carmel Mountain Rehab will give him excellent care, since we had no choice in the care facility.
     
    Skilled nursing facility where my Dad is at: (close to Costco in the Carmel Mountain area)
    Carmel Mountain Rehab and Healthcare Center
    (San Diego, Ca)
     
    Please continue to keep my Dad in your prayers.
     
    Jody

    No comments: