Pages

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 12, 2008

    Grandpa Art update (8/12/08)

    Here's an update from my Aunt Jody about my Grandpa Art.

    -=-Becky




    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    Subject: Art update 4


    Hi everyone,

    My Dad is still in Sharp Memorial Hospital and I have no idea when he will be released. Today at 1:00 P.M. they will be doing the procedure called ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) for the third time. This time the doctor will be inserting a stent in the left branch of the bile duct which the left side according to the doctor is tricky.

    Apparently the doctors only work one week at the hospital and then a new set of doctors rotate on for a week.One would have to be in the hospital for 5 weeks in order to see the same set of doctors. The doctor who did the last two procedures was Dr. Chu. The doctor who will do the procedure today is Dr. Wolson. Last Friday my Dad was given a private room, #854, and that is much better than the semi-private room that he was in before.

    Continue to keep my Dad in your prayers that the procedure will go well today and the doctor will be able to insert the stent in the left branch of the bile duct.

    Jody


    No comments: