Pages

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 06, 2008

    beginning to get in "Planning Mode" for Civil War Events

    So, now that its officially August, I'm switching to planning/prep mode as our group starts to get ready for our next big (offical) event...the Huntington Beach Civil War event on Labor Day weekend.

    Can I just say that We're Going To Be Huge, and it will be awesome! =)This should be a better event than last year (especially if the Civilian area *actually* ends up on the spectator map this year, like they're promising)! And we have a lot of 'stuff' planned for this event.
    On my lunch break today I called and ordered a new fire-pit ('company sized') for the group to use at this event. We're large enough we're going to need it...especially with our plans to cook a 'Presidential Dinner' for 16-20 people. (And I'd like to cook some stew for the rest of us at the same time).

    Now I just need to get in gear and sew a bunch of stuff (both for me and loaner clothing) so that we have it ready in time for this event.

    So much to do, so little time.=)

    No comments: