Pages

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 07, 2008

    sewing/progress update (1950s outfit)


    Just finishing up the last of my tulle petticoat right now. Had a setback yesterday in my sewing when my machine broke on me.

    Spent like an hour trying to fix it, but I eventually gave up. I'm going to need to take it in. Something is wrong and causing the needle thread to catch on the works down where the bobbin is. Also, was having difficulty in catching the bobbin thread when attempting to pull it up so I could sew. The needle wouldn't return all the way to the right position. It'd get almost there, and then stop...and not pull up the thread. Needless to say, I was frustrated and had a setback in my 'quick' sewing projects that I had left for Saturday.

    Eventually I remembered that my roommate Jill had a machine boxed up, and I asked her if I could use it. She graciously let me borrow her machine, a Shark Automatic (with the basic stitch functions at least), so I could finish my projects for today. Yea for my roommate! =)

    So, that's my status report. Finished my belt for the dress, and got really close to done with the tulle petticoat, but was just too tired last night (after 10pm) to be productive at sewing, so I'm finishing it now. Need to stitch down the pinned tulle to the base, then add in a waistband (haven't cut & interfaced yet), and add in my hook & bar closure. And then I'm done and can get ready.

    I was hoping to be able to get ready in time that I could wear this outfit to church this morning, but looks like that's not going to happen. Oh well.

    At least I should be done with the outfit in time to wear it to the Movie, my original goal, and that's the important part! =)

    We're meeting at 1:15pm outside the theater (movie starts at 2pm), then headed to Clifton's cafeteria (place has been in business since the 1930s) for an early dinner afterwards. What fun! =)

    Ok, must get back to sewing so I can finish and then get started on my hair/makeup, etc.

    Later!

    No comments: