Pages

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 04, 2008

    Current Sewing Project: 1950s outfit

    So, I'm doing a quick project so I can wear a 1950s outfit on Sunday to White Christmas (showing at the LA Theater - see my previous blog posting in November =).

    Well, Colleency was nice enough to loan me a dress so I don't have to start from scratch (with basically a week to make an outfit). Yea for Collency! =) You rock! So all I need to do is make a belt and a petticoat (with tulle) to make the dress 1950s. And of course accessorize, accessorize, accessorize!
    =)



    Maegen loaned me one of her set of pearls (her grandmother's I believe she said) and a pearl bracelet (which she made), and I have a little black velvet headband hat (with black feathers) that I'll be wearing. And of course some gloves (white with black polka dots - also loaned by Collency), stockings, heals and a nice hairdo/make-up will complete the picture! (I might even have a small purse that will work with this outfit too).




    What would really be nice is if my recently ordered book, How to Handle Long Hair -- Recreating Glamorous 1950s Hairstyles (http://www.amazon.com/Handle-Recreating-Glamorous-1950s-Hairstyles/dp/1934268720/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228418453&sr=8-1 ), arrives in time for me to try out one or more of the hairstyles and see if any will work for Sunday's outing.

    I'm so excited about Sunday.
    =)

    Which means today's goal for my Lunch Break Errands: purchase supplies (such as tulle) needed at JoAnns...so I can get started with cutting & sewing tonight!

    No comments: