Pages

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 06, 2011

    Too bad you can't SMELL this rub, cause it smells AMAZING! :)


    Too bad you can't SMELL this rub, cause it smells AMAZING! :)
    Originally uploaded by marcailgaelyn

    Just had to share this. (I know I've not been very good at posting blog updates lately, so here's a food related one at least :).

    Via Flickr:
    Nothing like early morning food prep! This Spice Rub was made to go on a pork tenderloin (4 lbs) that I am slow-cooking in a crock pot while I'm at work, and will finish in the oven when I get home. :)

    Now, let's see if I can remember ALL the stuff I dumped into this rub. (I like to play with spices :).

    4(+) Tablespoon Olive Oil
    8 fresh Garlic Cloves, minced
    1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
    2-3 Tablespoons dried Minced Onion (accidentally dumped this in instead of measuring, so I'm totally guessing here ;-)
    1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper (+ some extra grinds from my Pepper Mill :)
    1 Teaspoon dried Thyme
    1 Teaspoon dried Basil
    1 Teaspoon dried rubbed Sage
    1 Teaspoon dried Rosemary
    1 Teaspoon dried Mustard
    1(+) Teaspoon dried Parsley
    1/4 Teaspoon Paprika

    No comments: