Pages

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 08, 2011

    1st Quilt Block with an 1889 Treadle machine


    1st Quilt Block with an 1889 Treadle machine
    Originally uploaded by marcailgaelyn


    No, this is not one of MY creations, but something my Aunt is making for me. Isn't it FANTASTIC? :) She sent me this pic last night to show me the first block of my new reproduction Civil War Quilt that she has in the works for me. And yes, this quilt will make an appearance with me at events. :)

    ---

    Via Flickr:
    My Aunt Sue has graciously offered to make me a Civil War Reproduction Quilt...on her 1889 Treadle Singer Machine. How Cool is that?!? Of course I shall be reimbursing her for costs, etc. So I finally settled on a Antique Star pattern and a theme of browns & reds (possibly with blue accents :) and the project is finally in "GO mode". YAY! Here's a pic she sent me of the first block (of 124) with her 1889 Treadle machine. Isn't it GREAT!! I'm so excited to see the final Quilt. YAY!!! :)
    If you would like to find out more about my Aunt's Embroidery business, Creative Threadwork, you can visit her website here: www.creativethreadwork.com

    No comments: