Pages

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, January 15, 2009

    Not-So-Pink Ballet Slippers



    Ok, so one thing that has been my 'goal' to change for my Regency (Jane Austen Evening) outfit is the super obvious "ballet pink" slippers.

    The ballet slippers are fine in and of themselves (especially with orthopedic inserts in them), but I just couldn't stand how the pink clashed horribly with my deep red dress.

    And now, I've found the solution! Dye my shoes! They're leather, so they should take a dye, right?

    Here's what I've come up with as a 'quick' fix...use red shoe polish. And based on the results so far (one shoe done), things are promising. I'm liking what I'm seeing. It's just enough different to be acceptable. Yay!
    =)

    Now, to do the other shoe and turn in (so I can get some sleep tonight).
    =)

    No comments: